Thursday, October 16, 2014

Oct 13 2014

Hey everybody. I know I'm a little late, but, General conference was great. We had  to wait a week and so we watched it saturday and yesterday. On saturday I watched two sessions in english with a bunch of other americans but the rest I decided to watch in spanish because I only have one more general conference to watch in spanish. It was great. I, as Tommy, loved the talk by Elder Uchtdorf and the apostals that, instead of blaming others, asked "Lord, is it I?" When He had said that one of them would betray him. We shouldn't say "Oh good thing that so and so is listening to this talk, it's directed to him" or something like that. We should be humble and ask the lord to help us change and improve. This week we continued talking to families in the street and setting up appointments but to no avail. One of our less active members that we are teaching brought two of his from from the university with him to the conference. That was super cool. They are from Tacala and so I called for the elders from Tacala to come talk to them and get to know them. I hope Elder Parra and Elder Chavez (the elders in Tacala--Elder Parra is from my group, we arrived together) can start teaching them and that all goes well. And now we find ourselves in the last week of transfers. I think I'll stay here for one more transfer at least because I don't have much time here. I'll find out on Saturday and let you know on Monday.
So here the elections are absolutely obligatory unless you want to pay a fine. Also, here there are waaaay more political parties than in the states. In the states there are two main parties and some smaller ones too. But here they have about 5 or 6 main parties and a ton of small ones. In the states the republicans' mascot is an elephant and the domocrats' is a donkey. Here there are sombreros (hats), an A, the llave (key), and a ton more than I don't remember off the top of my head.

Love ya! And have a great birthday Matt!

Elder Evans






 

1 comment:

  1. That's not what they serve at our Chili's!!! Keep up the good work! I wonder how our elections would be if voting were mandatory. Interesting.

    ReplyDelete