Wednesday, October 8, 2014

Oct 6 2014

Hey everybody, this week was alright. But I'll start by telling you stuff I forgot to say the last week. About a week and a half ago, I think it was the day Katie had Jackson, I found out the son of a less active in San Pedro loves to play instruments. He plays flute, french horn, the recorder, piano, and the organ. He took out his french horn and his other instruments and after almost 3 years I played a french horn. I could play a scale or two but I definitely lost a lot of that talent ha. Also in the same week Elder Melo colmpleted 12 months in the mission and so our ward mission leader made us a torta de tres leches. It was super good, even though in the picture it is uneven.
Anyway, this week we had a multi zone conference with the zones Algarrobos (my zone) and Capullanas. Elder Stanley is a zone leader of Capullanas so we talked a bit and caught up. He was in Tumbes with me for 2 transfers. And Elder Mena was there too (my old zone leader and current assistent). We learned a lot about following the Holy Ghost and discerning the needs of the investigators by listening to them and the spirit. It was a pretty cool conference, better than ones in the past. 
Our main investigators are still in Lima because they had to vote for their regional governor but hopefully they get back soon this week. We looked for new investigators and references this week but they all said they were busy. Not a single one let us in this week. But that's missionary work, this week we'll keep looking for them. 
I hope you all enjoyed the general conference, this week on saturday and sunday we will be able to watch it, we're a little behind haha. I'm way excited for conference; some members said it was great. Also, today Elder Stanley invited us to chilis with them for pday so after finishing my time in internet Elder Melo and I will head over there and eat well today. I'll have pictures of that for next week. We still havent seen confrerence because they had elections yesterday for regional governers and its mandatory that everyone votes. If you dont vote you have to pay a fine. And if you moved from one region to another in Peru without changing your address in your papers, you have to go back to where you lived to vote. thats why some investigators went to lima to vote. Because they never changed their information adn address. I'm excited to see conference, and here they also have someone speak spanish so I never get to hear the real voice of the people speaking. I hope they have conference in english to hear their voices, I heard last year in the stake I'm in they put it up in spanish and english in different rooms because in my stake there are some other english speakers that work here in piura or something like that. 
The transfers are in 2 weeks, I haven't gotten the package yet, and yes I think in spanish.
 

Love ya guys! Have a great week!

Elder Evans
 


 

No comments:

Post a Comment