Tuesday, November 18, 2014

Nov 17 2014

Hey everybody! Today was a good week. We set a baptismal date for the 6th of december for our investigator Angelica. We also have to talk to her son to baptize them both together. This week we went on exchanges with the zone leaders and it was awesome. They had moved to a new apartment and it is way nicer than any I've seen here. It has 3 couches!!!! And two small rooms and a kitchen and the bathroom in the back. I was astounded. I learned a lot from the exchanges. I was with Elder Arce in his area. Also, on saturday we had a conference with the whole mission and with Elder and Sister Evans. Elder Evans is from the first quorom of the seventy. He taught us a lot about how to be a Preach My Gospel missionary. He showed us a lot of misunderstandings that missionaries have about how to be an effective missionary and all. It was very eye opening hah. When we shook their hands, Sister Evans said to me "Oh I like that!!" Right after looking at my plaque ha. Elder Evans has a sister named Katherine so I told him I do too, and he said thats cool, and that his brother or somebody was a mission president in Minnesota a few 20 or so years ago. A less active family we have been teaching for months finally went to church all TOGETHER! My companion and I are way happy. But not one of our progressing investigators went this week even though they said that they would :(
Today we had a zone activity playing soccer and volleeyball and then we went to Papa Johns. The missionaries always have a 2 for 1 discount just for being a missionary, but I have no idea why. I told them I had worked in Papa Johns for almost 2 years, about 3 years ago. And they invited me to make the pizzas for my companion and two other elders. My companion Elder Melo entered with me to take pictures and so I wasn't alone. Then toward the end one worker said the boss was pleased with my work and offered me a job  :0  ...I politely declined explaining I am dedicated to be a missionary for the Church of Jesus Christ for two years. They said I am always welcome to come in and make the pizzas I buy haha. They will make money and not have to work for it haha.

Hope you all have a great week and have fun!!

Elder Evans




 

No comments:

Post a Comment