Monday, May 25, 2015

May 25 2015

Hey everybody. Hope you're having a great Memorial Day! This week was pretty great. Sullana really welcomed my new companion Elder Garay in a way we never expected. Sorry for telling you guys but we saw in one week, a lady going number 1 in the grass outside the stake center, who then asked us for money, a man going number 2 in the grass in our area going to a lesson, and a naked boy coming out of the bathroom telling his dad (a new convert) to help him clean himself. Who knows what awaits in the next few weeks. We have to investigatores that are progressing right now, Maickel and Teresa. They both have baptismal date but it is really hard to help Teresa to go to church. She is married and her husband is a member who got baptized almost a year ago in Chiclayo. He works every sunday so it's hard to get them to go to church. Maickel is the 15 year old nephew of Rosita who we baptized a month back and he is excited to be baptized so we are teachig him two or three times a week. We read with him 1 Nephi 1 to get him going on his reading of the Book of Mormon. It was a pretty cool lesson.
I'm doing great here, my companion and I are great friends and he sometimes teaches me portuguese and his native language of Paraguay. He speaks spanish as well. 
Yeah Paraguayans speak much differently, sometimes it's hard to understand him ha. He also speaks another native langague from Paraguay and Portuguese so sometimes he randomly speaks those languagues to throw me off and joke around in the room ha. He is super cool. He looks Northamerican because he is white and some Americans came to our chapel for a auto sufficiency devotional and one of them spoke to Elder Garay in english but I told the guy he is from paraguay and doesn't speak english ha. My mind might wander back home a lot but we are working really hard and trying to help two progressing investigatores get baptized. I just sent you the flight plan. It'll be a much better trip I think, even though it's still planned to be about 24 hours. I'll be going to LA this time! 
Today for Memorial day we went to a restaurant with about 10 or more other missionaries and I ate lasagna, a milkshake and pop. It gave me a quick preview to home. The restaurant is called Rustica.
 
Hope you guys have a great week! I'll send pictures next week. Love you guys!

Elder Evans

No comments:

Post a Comment