Monday, June 15, 2015

June 15 2015

Hey everybody. This week was pretty great. We had two exchanges. In the first I went with Elder Walker, the companion of a district leader, from Utah, and in the second with Elder Parra, one of the assistents, also from Utah and my group in the CCM. This week we also helped Jairo, one of my converts here, send three names to the temple. We also helped Rosita send 5 names to the temple. In the mission we are trying to focus again on helping converts get started on their family history work and send names to the temple. Their goal is to go to the temple of Trujillo later to do the baptisms for those people. Next Sunday we will be going to the temple dedication of Trujillo, but we will go to the stake center instead of going to Trujillo. There will be three sessions broadcasted to each stake center and we will be attending. I'm so excited. I had the chance to go to the dedication of the Brigham City temple in the Marriot Center before the mission but I never got a hold of a white handkerchief and for that I didn't go. So now I will have the chance and not miss it this time. 
Today we are going to rent a stadium to play soccer on a full field and I will, for a little bit, run on the track around it (but it's a track of dirt) and see how fast I can run the mile. I won't have pictures to send home until later today or next week. This is my second to last Pday here in Sullana.
Love you guys, have a great week! Have a great Father's day Dad and Brother Gifford!

Elder Evans

No comments:

Post a Comment