Monday, June 22, 2015

June 22 2015--9 days left

Hey everybody I'm back! Well just in email. Hope Father's Day was great up there. No matter how it went, it was better than what they do here. Everyone was drinking and partying in the street and it was kinda a sad sight. But that day was great anyway because in the morning we went to the stake center to see the temple dedication of Trujillo Pero! It was soooo good! It was my first dedication and it was so cool.I could definitely feel the spirit there as if it was actually the temple. It was really nice because we can't go to the temple while in this mission. President Uchtdorf and Elder Bednar presided it. The night before we were also invited to attend the cultural event (in the stake center via satellite) and all the young men and women from every stake in the region did a typical dance of their region of Peru. In the broadcast we saw some of the youth from Sullana and everyone got all excited ha. 
I'm doing well, we're working super hard and we have a baptism planned for Maickel, the nephew of Rosita. He is super excited and really really wants to get baptized before I leave so he just needs his interview and he's all good.
We had our multi zone conference in Talara and I got to give my final testimony along with President and Sister Rowley and all the others going home with me. Presdient and Sister Rowley go home the day after I do. President Rasmussen is the new presidnent starting the next day. Today for Pday the missionaries, led by Elder Vasquez (who I trained in Morropon), smeared my face with a green cream and they poured flour and ECCO (ECCO is a coffee that is not actually coffee and is permitted to drink) and I walked to my room from the stake center all green as the pictures show. All the kids that saw me yelled "look! A green man!!" so I would nod and say hi or wave at them and smile. It was really funny. A great last pday here in sullana. Everyone was really sad that it was my last pday here in sullana. I was too. Anyway, got to go. Oh yeah and right before our conference in talara my camara fell and the screen broke. I can take pictures but you can't see anything. On the computer they show up fine though. 
This is my last week, I don't know if I will write next Monday because I will be in Piura saying goodbye to the San Pedro ward. So if that is the case, see you all next week!! 

Love,
Elder Evans

A green man!





No comments:

Post a Comment