Tuesday, September 24, 2013

Sept 23 2013

Hey Everyone,
This was a week with many ups and many downs. I had a great time on splits in Chulucanas with Elder Farnsworth (probably because we spoke english and we talked about so much stuff, doctrinal and our home lives and BYU, etc.). We had one day where it was actually a little chilly in the morning, everyone was wearing jackets except me, and it even sprinkled rain!!!! It was so nice! Here there are no service opportunities it seems but the day it sprinkled one lady was washing the bars outside her window but couldn't reach the top of them, so I went over and washed the top for her haha. No one around was tall enough, that was a little act of service that was kinda fun hah.  Also the day we went to Piura for the interviews was great, I got all those letters and pictures at once, including two from the stake presidaency. I got letters dated back from JUly and letters dated from early September, that shows how good the mail system here works. I love all the pictures and the letters from 'Dear Elder.'  I plan to send a letter next week or two in Piura so hopefully I can. I heard Aunt Jenni and Uncle Travis are moving to Detroit???
One night at a members home for Family Home Evening, one guy named Manuel, he`s not a member of the church but he`s our best friend in Morropon, started talking about el senor de los anilllos (lord of the rings). And we talked a lot about it and he and his sister said I am like Legolas without the long hair, it was a funny, interesting conversation.
I'm excited for the branch of Morropon because they have just started taking temple preparation classes. None of them have gone through the temple so a family from Piura comes to teach them. They are tying to go as a branch at the beginning of December.
This week was also hard though because a ton of appointments fel through and Clemente was suppposed to get baptized on saturday but he was at work during the time we had set up for his baptimsmal interview. He said he was super busy but still wants to be baptized, our new date for his baptism is October 12th.
Hopefully this week gets better, I have splits with the Zone Leaders on Thursday, we´ll see how that goes! 

Regarding the email from my family:
Did you guys make applesauce with all those apples? Beacause I remember that was super good the one summer we made it with our home picked apples. I remember also, when Jimmy, other friends in the neighborhood, and I would take bats and hit and kill the wasps around our appletrees. Those were fun times, but I wouldn't do that anymore ha. The food is good. but wwe rrarely eat fish, its all rice, chicken, beef, and eggs. But its realy good and i love the food every day, i dont get sick of eating rice every day. Thats awesome matt made the [robotics] team, i never thought he was into that but thats great, I am impressed, PL has always had a really good robotics team.
Yeah that is crazy! there will be so many missionaries! It's great! And Jimmy, Ethan, and Eric come home in February!

Miss and love you all!
Elder Paul Evans
 
a house made of earth. My disrtrict, from left to right are E. Martinez, me, E. Zerillo, E. Farnsworth (DL), E. Mulford, and E. Roman
 


on the roof of the missionaries apartment in Chulucanas on my exchange.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment