Sunday, November 17, 2013

Nov 10 2013

 So this week was pretty sweet. It was mainly two or three days so I won't write a whole lot.
We started teaching seminary classes this week to the 3 youth in the ward, we teach the classes el martes y el sabado a por 2 hours each class. And this month we happen to have to teach the book of revelations (since we started so late) so not only am I teaching seminary, I am teaching seminary for the book of revelations. Oh, and in spanish, so it's a little rough haha. Luckily though this past week my spanish has improved so much. I just noticed different grammatical frases or something that has made it so much easier. On martes only the branch president's son showed up though, and on saturday, no one did...
Then on thursday we had splits, Elder Farnsworth from Georgia came to Morropon to serve with me and it was so fun. He only has one more transfer so he was talking all about the classes he is going to take at BYU, it made me prettty trunky but we did a lot of good work that day. We challenged 2 people to baptism, both accepted for th 30th so we're hoping to close out the month with two baptisms. We taught 4 other lessons, 6 in total, which is rare in Morropon, we just need to find more nuevos investigadores. Anyway, that night Elder Farnsworth and I made a giant dinner of spaghetti and garlic bread (we just poured some liquid garlic on the bread and microwaved them because we don't have an oven) and the next morning we got up at 5:30 to go running and exercise an extra hour. We ended up running up a mountain and there were some ruins up there so that was way cool. The mountain wasn't super big, and there was no climbing involved so it was all good.
Hermano Clemente is doing great, he tried to bring his neighbor to church who we are teaching but the neighbor Miguel Angel is very shy so he didnt want to this week. We'll get him there though. Oh and on suday I gave another talk with a last minute notice. I spoke on the scriptures and how through them, we partake of the love of Christ (similar to Lehi's dream and the iron rod).
That's all for now folks, have a great week and do some good!

Love,
Elder Evans, Paul
I sent some pictures. One of my zone at the zone activity we had last monday, and one of Elder Farnsworth and me in my room after a very successful day in Morropon eating a spaghetti dinner and garlic bread and drinking milk. He only has one transfer left so I'll miss him. He gets home the 31st of december and the semester at byu starts the 6th or 7th for him. The next morning we ran up a mountain and those are the next pictures.
 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment