Monday, January 27, 2014

Jan 27 2013

This week was pretty close to a disaster in regards to our success this week. My companion got sick again and so we coundln't work for a day because no one could help us go on splits because as I've said many times, we have very few preisthood holders here. Also, on sunday not a single investigator came to church. We called the ones that have phones and passed by the houses of the ones that don't and not a single one was able to go. Church assistence this week was 13 (including Elder Vasquez and I). We both gave talks because a few of the assigned members didn't show. I gave my talk on obedience and keeping the commandments and shared a bunch of scriptures from 1Nefi.
Earlier this week I went to chulucanas again to go on splits with my district leader Elder Chen and we had a blast as always.  The next morning we gave service at 6:30 in the morning until 8:30, shoveling and removing earth from his ´backyard.´ I was the one who carried almost all the earth in buckets and they were pretty heavy. I was sore for the next few days, and I formed a blister from using the pick a little bit and then it ended up ripping open and that made it a lot easier....haha. I got super dirty from all the work as you can see in the picture on the blog in my track shirt and yellow shorts.
That's all I have this week, have a great week everyone!

Love,
Elder Evans

This week in church the branch President shared some scriptures that I really liiked so I thought I would share them here, I hope you enjoy them(1Peter5:6-11):
 aHumble yourselves therefore under the mighty hand of God, that he may exalt you in due time:
 Casting all your care upon him; for he careth for you.
 Be asober, be bvigilant; because your adversary the cdevil, as a roaring lion, walketh about, seeking whom he may devour:
 Whom resist asteadfast in the faith, knowing that the same afflictions are baccomplished in your brethren that are in the world.
 10 But the God of all agrace, who hath called us unto his eternal glory by Christ Jesus, after that ye have suffered a while, make you bperfect, stablish, strengthen, settle you.
 11 To him be glory and dominion for ever and ever. Amen.




Elder Evans 2.0 is sitting on a bench on the left side of this picture, gray shirt and blue shorts






No comments:

Post a Comment