Tuesday, February 4, 2014

Feb 3 2014

Hey everybody, this week went pretty well. We had a lot more success this week. An 8 year old girlnamed Divina, a daughter of a member, has told us she wants to get baptized and so we have a date set up for her baptism and also 3 ohers, but they still need to go to chucrch. We had a few lessons on Sunday and a member accompanied us and in one lesson he said a lot of things that should not have been said. Things that the investigators weren't ready for and that reallly worries us. One of those investigators has been reading the Book of Mormon and explained 3 nephi 11 perfectly so that really excited us. We'll visit them again this week but with a different member so hopefully the lesson will be better. It was really uncomfortable.
Today, we went to Piura as a district to eat at pizza hut and stuff and it was super fun. I am there right now because the internet is way faster. 
Not a whole lot more happened. I may have had my last district meeting in this area. We have transfers next week. I have been told though by some leaders that my district leader, who has had less time in this district than me, is almost for sure going, and that I have a 50/50 chance of leaving. It all depends on what the mission president thinks of my work in Morropon. We'll find out on Saturday! The zone leaders told me that I have risen and improved the goals and reports a lot in Morropon, so I  don't know what'll hapepen. 
Ah I miss the colddd. And no I haven't conducted a sacrament meeting but I conduct a lot of the ward activieties, I conducted the New Years party, the Noche Misional that we have every few weeks. Yesterday the Branch President was sick so I let Elder Vasquez conduct it because he wanted to. Our companionship studies are 1 hour olong. A lot of the Peruanos talk about soccer, the heat, and the possible war that might start with Chile, especially when my companion says he is from Chile. Some drunk people have gotten pretty upset when they found put he was from Chile. They were n the street and they thought we both were american. Yes I think in spanish, I think of situations in the states or byu and we talk english in these daydreams haha. And the members don't know many hymns so we play the same ones. Elder Vasquez and I are tying to help them learn noew ones. And some times I play the piano to help them learn.
[Regarding the Super Bowl] I can't believe it was a blowout, I thought it would have been closer. And yeah that is so weird to think that Jimmy will be home tomorrow, I'm coming up on 7 months right now and it feels like I still have a ton left. And yes I am getting used to the heat. Im used to wearing sunglasses or my gorro every day and sweating inside the houses, especially right now in the internet building. I know you have cooked arroz con laeche before, but have you tried it with brown sugar? This family here made some and said they put some brown sugar in a frying pan and burn it a bit (without water or anything) and then pour it in the prepared arroz con leche. It was super good. I love arroz con leche, and the kind with the burnt/cooked brown sugar is even better. 
Say hi to Jimmy for me tomorrow. That's so weird that he and Ethan will be home agian. I can't imagine being back in the states cause Im so used to bein in the desert and in a very poor country but I sometimes think of things from the states. Like today when we ate in Pizz a hut.
Hoope everything goes well with Jimmy's return!

That's all I have for now! Have a great week everyone!
Love,
Elder Evans

 

No comments:

Post a Comment