Monday, February 10, 2014

Feb 10 2014

Well this week couldn't have been a bigger surprise. I kinda new I would be leaving Morropon but that was about it. We got the callSaturday night, my district leader Elder Mamani (the goofy elder in one of my new fotos on dropbox) called us and first said (in spahnish) "Elder Evans is leaving...You will go to Los Angeles, Puyango (near Tumbes, the hottest part of the mission) and your assignment is very big, you need to read the Leadership part of the manual misional, you will be lider de distrito." I kinda freaked when he said that. I definitely don't feel ready for it but at the same time I am really excited to start fresh in a new area and be district leader. He gave me advice and I am now with my new companion Elder Villena from Ecuador. He was in my zone a while back, he has 5 months in the mission. I am super excited to serve with him because we were super good friends in the zone miraflores. I'm also with ElderPinzon, one of my zone leaders. He is super cool too and says I'll do great. He will be with Elder Villena and I until his new companion comes, the other zone leader. So yesterday for my lwast day in Morropon Elder Vasquez and I went to the branch presidents house for an hour and a lhalf or so and he was really sad I'm going. We also almost set a record in church attendance yesterday with 25. Three investigators came, so I am excited for Elder Vasquez and Elder Holmes (he is in my group and he just left from where I am now, they changed flop flopped us haha). I will miss my old district Chulupon (Chulucanas and Morropon) but I am super excited for this transfer with Elder Villena and being district leader. I have to work even harder now haha.
It was a 5 hour bus ride. I'm in the hottest part of the mission but today is super nice because there is a lot of wind and that helps keep us cool. I have less time on internet today because of the transfers so I gotta go, but I'm glad all is well and Jimmy got back just fine and well.   Oh and yeah I'll be speaking a lot of spanish when II get home because its already wekird speaking english.
Love you all, have a great week! Share the snow please! Or save some for when I get home in July. I saw the picture of Jimmy laying down in the snow haha. I'm in the hottest part of the mission in the hottest time of the year! 

Elder Evans




Yes, he is near the ocean.

No comments:

Post a Comment