Wednesday, July 9, 2014

July 7 2014

Hey everybody!! All is going well. We did nothing for the fourth of july here, just if you're wondering. Although we did have a multi zone conference all day from 8:30am till 3pm. Anyway, this week was the best. Elder Campo and I set 5 baptismal dates. A few of them ofr august fo I won't be here to see them but that's alright. The weird thing is that of all our many investigators, the only 5 that have a baptismal date set up are references from members of the church. That means something I think. References from members are going to progress a whole lot more than people that the missionaries themselves find haha. We were super happy when one investigator finally showed up to church this week. She and her older sister are investigatores and cousins of a member. Their grandpa also is a member and they always are there in the lesson with us to share testimonies and stuff. They've helped them feel welcome and loved in the church and have the baptismal date for the 26th. Hopefully all goes well.
Tomorrow I have a training meeting with the rest of the district leaders and have to stay the night in the mission office in piura so Elder Cortijo (a missionary in Zarumilla, Tumbes) and I took the 5 hour bust trip in the morning to be with Elder Stanley, Elder Roman my trainer, Elder Mulford, and a few other elders that I don't know. One is Elder Hunt from Los Angeles California. 
That's sweet that they were in town! How did matt like tomahawk compared to many point? Oh wow I miss potato salad and rainbow jello. I always asked to have rainbow jello for my birthday but I'll wait another year. Today for pday Elder Cortijo and I traveled in the morning to piura to meet up with Elder Mulford (he was in chulucanas when i was in morropon), Elder Roman (my trainer), Elder Stanley (he was in los angeles for two transfers and now is a zone leader in Capullanas, Piura). They were all wit their companions as well. We ate in Chillis. It was my first time eating there, and im in peru haha. we have one in burnsville and I never went until now. Tomorrow or wednesday I will be going to Lima to fill out more papers so I wont be in my area for a few days :( but I'll be going to lima with a bunch of americans so we'll have a good time speaking english for a day haha. 
Hope everyone had a great time for the 4th of July!! I saw the pictures so I'm sure you all did. Hope everyone has a great week this week!!! Love Ya all!!

Elder Evans
 
Reunited with his trainer

Chili's in Peru
 

No comments:

Post a Comment