Wednesday, July 30, 2014

July 28 2014

Happy Independence day of Peru!

Today I had my transfers. I took the bus from Tumbes 5 hours to Piura at 7am and met my new companion Elder Encarnacion at noon. Im in the ward San Pedro in the stake miraflores (the same stake that has morropon and chulucanas) but I'm actually in the city. I'm pretty sad to leave Tumbes. I had the best district in the world. There were 8 in my district and now there are 4 here haha. I'm still DL and also received another asignment as english tuto since Im the only gringo in the district. I have to track their progress learning english and help them out and test them. My companion is pretty cool, seems like a hard worker. I'm hoping all goes well here. He says we will have a baptism on Saturday so thats cool. I don't have a whole lot to say this week. It's hard leaving my last area. I was best friends with the members and with the 8 missionaries in my district. We had the best time ever. Yesterday the grandpa of an investigator got lost walking home from church. He is a member from Trujillo and doesn't know the area well. He had thought that his granddaughter had already left so he started walking home. Luckily he has a good memory and was walking home when the bishop, his family, and the granddaughter found him (they were in a moto taxi thing). Elder Miller, Mamani, Campo and I had started looking down the streets for him and we thought of going to their house first. We found them all there and everyone was super worried about him but he had already gotten back. They thanked us for at least searching for him and stopping by the house with pop and we took a few pictures with them because it was my last day. The photos are the one with the 2 ladies and the older man, the grandpa who had started walking home alone. He only ever goes to and leaves church with his granddaughter.
After a few appointments yesterday, the 1st counselor in the bishopric Manual Olaya invited us to his place and we talked a while, ate dinner and said bye to his family (there are pictures that I sent), then reported, then said bye to the pensionista and her family (also in the pictures I sent), adn then said bye to the mission leader Mario Abarca (also pictures).
Oh and today is the independce day of Peru. 

Love ya all!!! Have a great week!!

Elder Evans
 









 

No comments:

Post a Comment