Tuesday, August 12, 2014

Aug 11 2014

Hey everybody, this week was pretty good. We passed the birthday of my companion Elder Encarnacion. On the 6th we went to the mission leader's house because he invited us to eat chicken and cake. He turned 19 years old. This week we found a few new investigators and I went on splits with Elder Arce one of my zone leaders. I went to his area and we went running in the morning. It was sweet. My knee felt good and I ran harder than I've done in a while. We also had a zone conference earlier this week and Elder Vasquez, the first missionary that I trained, was there. I didn't know he was in my zone. We talked a while to catch up and all. The assistents are also in my zone so I talked to Elder Mena and Elder Cook a bunch. They're the assistants and I've gotten to know them pretty well a while back in Tumbes.
One of our recent converts here named Joanne was telling us that she will be movving to Lima until the New Year due to some family issues so we are pretty sad. She just told us yesterday and she leaves today or tomorrow. She has helped us a bunch teach her non member siblings and nephews and nieces. The nephews and nieces want to get baptized, they are like 10 and 12 years old. Joanne's siblings are't thinkning too seriously about baptism  but she was helping us a ton teaching them and all. Her nieces and nephews go to church with her almost every week so we worry about them and that they'll stop going to church when Joanne leaves. 
I hope everyone is having a great time back in the states or in mexico and Brazil or whereever you are. Have a great week! 

Love,

Elder Evans

No comments:

Post a Comment