Wednesday, August 20, 2014

Aug 18 2014

Hey everybody, this week we set a baptism date with one of our investigators for the 13th of september. He said he would go to church this week but he didn't end up going so we were a little bumbed. But one of the inactive members with whom we have been working has finally gone to church this week for the first time in a loooong time. He is 20 or 22 years old or so and he says he might try going on a mission but he never ever goes to church. This week he finally did go. My companion was saying they have worked with him for so long that he wanted to stop visiting him if he didn't go to church on sunday; but, he did go so we will be visiting him as much as possible to try to help him keep going to church. He left after the sacrament meeting but it was a big first step in coming back to chue church. He feels bad going in normal clothes (he doesnt have church clothes anymore) but we told him to go to church with normal clothes until he buys new ones. And we have offered many times to lend him a shirt and a tie but he always rejected our offers haha.
Just this morning I finished the Libro de Mormon again and I absolutely love the last 3 or 4 chapters. He talks a bunch about charity and being saved through the blood of Christ. He says in the last chapter (sorry for the rough translation, I have the spanish book in front of me): "Come unto Christ, and be perfected in him...and again, through the grace of God ye are perfected in Christ and do not deny His power, then ye are sanctified in Christ...Soon I will rest in the Paradise of God, until my spirit and my body once again are reunited and are risen victoriously in the air, to be found before the judgement seat of the great Jehova, the eternal judge of the living and the dead, amen" and also I love in chapter 1 of Moroni when he says: "And I, Moroni, will not deny the Christ."
I know I'm not Moroni but I will not deny the Christ either. I am very happy for the oppurtunity to be in the mission, I'm living it and loving it. Keep reading the Book of Mormon every single day, even if it's for 5 minutes. I've been stirving to read at the very least 1 chapter every day. In the mission with my studies, it's not too hard and I've learned to love it. Tomorrow I'll be starting it over again! :D
 Thanks! Hno victor told me you accepted him and he said hola  and then realized you don´t speak spanish and he doesn't speak emglish haha. He loves taking pictures and putting them on facebook to show you and dad and my companion's parents. Today we ate an appetizer called causa rellena. It's like a mashed potato type stuff with tuna, mayonaise, onion, guacamole in the middle (like a sandwhich) and shrimp on top of the second layer of mashed potato stuff. It is one of my favorite appetizers here. He serves us 3 course meals every day. The appetizer, the main meal, and a desert. We ate banana slices with fudge and sprinkles for desert, and the main plate, as tradition in Peru was rice with chicken and beans. It was reallly good.

Love you all and have a great week!!

Elder Evans
 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment