Monday, October 7, 2013

Oct 7 2013

Hey everyone! Sorry last week I didn´t right much. The pictures [from last week] were of Elder Zerillo´s birthday, he is in the picture of me with the pizza but he´s not my companion. He`s in our district though, in Chulucanas. His birthday was on a Monday so we celbrated it on our Pday. We ate peruvian chinese food, called chaufa or something, they had good wantons surprisingly!! Then we went to another restuarant for dinner and we ate "cuartos de pollo" or a quarter of chicken with lots of french fries. We eat there almost every Monday. 
Then last monday we had a zone activity in Piura and that was pretty fun. It was all competitions and small games, I won one where we all had one oreo on our forehead and we had to eat it without using our hands or anything. Then Elder Mulford in my district was a close second. 
This week I was on splits in chulucanas with Elder Chen, a new elder who spent 6 months serving in Guatamala waiting for his visa. Elder Farnsworth and my companion Eder Roman found Clemente, the man with a baptismal date, drinking with a friend that night so that is a huge bumer, but we vsited him the next day and he said he feels terrible and really wants to change. He has the interview in a week or two so hopefuly all is well by then for the baptism on the 2nd of November. Also Jose Maria accepted the baptismal challenge for the 2nd as well and attended general conference with his grandma who is a member so we`re really excited about that. Other than those two, it`s still pretty slow, many people we are teaching are called vivientes, they have an esposa or esposo and kids and live togethter but they aren`t married so that gives us a big challenge. And that isn`t just here, it`s everywhere in our mission and probably in south america in general. 
This week is transfers but I will still be in Morropon with Elder Roman because I have still have one more transfer of training, then I teach an experienced missionary the area so Ill probably be here until January.
Im trying to send pictures but the computer doesnt seem to read my camera. 
Anyway, that`s all I have now, Elder Zambrano has much more excited stories than me it seems, with a lizard running up his pants haha.
Love, Elder Evans

No comments:

Post a Comment