Monday, December 29, 2014

Dec 29 2014

Hey everybody! Hope you all had a great, and cold Christmas!! As the Elder Tommy Jones said here it has also been heating up quite a bit. Today especially is ridiculous. Anyway, it was awesome to talk to the family. It was the highlight of Christmas as the year before. President Rowley invited us to visit a b as many members as possible for christmas to share a mini Christmas message and so we did that on Christmas eve, passing by all the members that we know where they live and wished them a merry Christmas if they didn't have time for us and if they did we shared a short message. The day of Christmas we gave service and cleaned the  church building and visitng a few members and at night we had a district activity and made a bunch of deserts and played a game called "Bang!" So I made gushie mushie or however it's spelled and everyone joked arund and was nervous to try it but they all loved it. We are visiting the Fossa family a lot because a few of them are less actives and a few are investigatores that want to learn more about the church. Gino, one of the sons is super cool and is in the process of returning to the church and is determined to help us teach his siblings less actives and investigatores. We are working most of all with them and the Fernandez family, a family of recent converts and an investigator mother. She goes to all the activities and feels very comfortable in the church. And we found a less active named Deddamia this week that wants to come back to the church and her less active daughter and her nonmember grandkids are coming to live with her and she says that they all hope on returning to the church together so we are pretty excited to keep helping her and her family out. The mission life is good. I love it! I can't believe that in about 6 months I'll be back.
Love you guys, and have a great New Year's!!! I think my companion and I won't sleep till 5 or 6 that morning because of our neighbors who love to play their massive speakers at full volume and drink till the night turns to day...
The funny thing is about the picture I sent with me on top of the house is that so much dirt and sand has piled up at the bases of the houses that I was actually only about 4 feet ofr so above the ground. I barely had to jump to climb on top but the picture makes it look much higher. I have the spanish completely down and now I've been working on my gringo accent. My companion says I'm one of the best spanish speaking gringos in the mission. The dialect or accent of the Piuranos is very funny to those from Lima or other parts becuase they speak as if they were singing and everyone says I do that well. It's much more fun talking like a Piurano constantly speaking higher and lower and emphasizing certain syllables.

Elder Evans













 
Making gooshy mooshy


No comments:

Post a Comment